Wednesday, March 05, 2008

nobody puts baby in a corner

It just made me incredibly sad today to read that Patrick Swayze is battling pancreatic cancer.

For one thing, I was a teeny-bopper Dirty Dancing fan, just like every other teenaged girl I knew in the late 80's.

For another, Patrick and his wife Lisa Niemi have had a tremendous impact on the Arabian horse world (note: scroll all the way down to the bottom of the site and click on the link in the lower right hand corner). Who could forget Polly Knoll's famous shot of the man and his gorgeous Egyptian stallion, Tammen?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:30 PM

    Absolutely! It broke my heart too. I remember meeting Patrick and Tammen at the Egyptian Event in Lexington, KY back in ummmm, let's see, in the 1990's. It is so sad. I am keeping him in my prayers for sure.

    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:28 AM

    This IS sad! I am a big PS fan, too. His stallion is beautiful. I knew that he and his wife had Arabs, but I had never seen them. I hope he can win the cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janie, how lucky you were to meet them both! I would have loved to see Tammen in the flesh.

    A, Patrick has been a great ambassador for the breed, imo.

    ReplyDelete