Monday, November 01, 2010

"note to self:

must use the words midget, Saluki and galoshes in next novel (man, I love NaNoWriMo)."

Thus begins the first 2,000-word installment of my 2010 NaNoWriMo journey. My mom's getting in on the action this year, too, which is awesome. She's long been a prolific journaler, but her big quandary for this undertaking is deciding whether to write in English or Spanish. My advice? Do both! It's NaNo, fer cryin' out loud!

What are YOUR NaNoWriMo plans?

What?

Don't have any?

Well, shoot - come on! Jump on the bandwagon! It's a literary (I use the term loosely) free-for-all, and it's going to be fun!

Go ahead and sign up at the official NaNoWriMo site.

2 comments:

  1. I'm writing my first novel. I hope you do well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Briana. Good luck to you, too! In the past I've found it's mostly a matter of sticking to my pre-determined word count every day and trying to be really disciplined about it.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete