Monday, January 24, 2011

crepe geek

I've long been under the sort of vague impression that crepes were one of those difficult, diva-like foods that required the proper training - or at least the proper French pedigree to prepare. But it's not true! I was finally convinced of this by The Cook's Book, which I picked up for a song at my most favoritest bookstore of all time (which finally re-opened in December after its roof collapsed under last winter's snow). So, voila! My first batch of practice crepes:



Fetching, aren't they (if I do say so myself)? From there, it was but a short hop, skip and jump to smoked turkey with white cheddar and sage lunch nommables:


And, finally, the pièce de résistance of the afternoon, blueberry crepes!


Truly, these I could eat ALL day. See my previous post re: hiberneating, and you'll understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment