Thursday, August 27, 2009

those mice ain't playing anymore

A promise was made to my cat-crazed daughter about a year ago, and it went something like this: Yes, you can get a cat...WHEN we move into a place that we own (as opposed to renting, which we were doing at the time). And so, now, let me present...

(drum roll, please)

...a promise kept:


Blogosphere, meet Rosa.

Rosa, Blogosphere.

"Why Rosa?" I wanted to know when cat-crazed daughter announced her name.

"Because she's beautiful like a rose, and because she's cute, and because I was thinking about Princess Rosa from Puss in Boots."

Fair enough. This kitty is beautiful, and she has an awesome little personality. She's a year old, so she's already litterbox trained, more mellow than a kitten and very self-assured. She also arrived at the Coconino Humane Society with two kittens - one six weeks and one six months. So, it appears the poor thing has already had two litters, which may explain her petite size and can-do attitude.


I'm a little worried that Rosa isn't happy here in her new home, though - that she may be a bit too tense:

And Lizzie? How's Lizzie liking her new sister, you ask? Oh, Lizzie is thrilled beyond belief! Lizzie can hardly contain her excitement! Lizzie is...


...Well, I'm sure she will be exceedingly pleased in time, right?
Right??

I think Lizzie may be smelling her halo. Or maybe I've just had a certain song stuck in my head today. Either way, our new addition is already a blessing.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:45 PM

    She is so pretty! I'll have to show this to the girls, though of course it won't help them to get over the grief of me giving away our cat...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:20 PM

    Ommmggggg! How adorable! I cannot wait to meet her! Look at poor little lizzie.. HAHA! Miss you guys. Cant believe how cute Rosa is.

    Lots of love,
    Haley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:20 PM

    Ommmggggg! How adorable! I cannot wait to meet her! Look at poor little lizzie.. HAHA! Miss you guys. Cant believe how cute Rosa is.

    Lots of love,
    Haley

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's a total sweetie, M, and it sounded to me like you had good reason to rehome your kitty. It's hard, but sometimes it has to be done.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We miss YOU, Girl! And your dad! I want to see more pics of your little guy, too.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete