Friday, February 23, 2007

going forth


A friend and I are headed to the land of beautiful horses and big-haired handlers this morning, so this is the last you'll hear from me until my full report on the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show.

Until then, here are the answers to Tuesday's quiz:

1. The Buggles big one-hit wonder song that gave them their 15 minutes of fame was "Video Killed the Radio Star," which was correctly answered by Heidi. Go, girl! This was also the first video ever aired on MTV.

2. Nobody guessed the origin of the "manservant" quote which, frankly, shocks me. It's from the BBC's phenomenal 80's t.v. show "Black Adder." This particular quote is spoken by a medieval doctor to Sir Edmund Blackadder, played by Rowan Atkinson. You can get the gist of the whole story here.
Have a great weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. You'd think that with British ex-pat in lawrs, or as my father in law prefers, "Ten Dollar Canadian", that I'd know a thing or two about Black Adder! It's on my list of things to catch up on. I do love Rowan Atkinson!!

    Reeeeeally looking forward to the pictures when you come back from the horse show!

    ReplyDelete