Wednesday, January 14, 2009

whiskers-on-kittens wednesday

I was also thinking of titling this post "Nicki's Favorite Things," but it just seemed to be a too-blatant Oprah rip-off.

So, here's the deal. I'm already figuring out that keeping up with the blog is going to be a bit of a challenge during this Year of Writing Dangerously. So, I figured I'd try to carve out some kind of format, little by little.

And I'm well aware that most people don't give a rat's patootie about my favorite things, but it might help me keep in touch with my itsy corner of the Interwebs. So, there.

Oh, and in case your brain hasn't yet found that file of origin for the phrase "Whiskers on kittens," think Julie Andrews. Think nun. Think the vast green hills of Austria. Think Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens... sung in her inimitable voice. Got it? Good.

In fact, I think I'll kick off this first installment of WOK Wednesday by taking us right there, right now:

Hence.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I wasnt expecting it to take me right over to that song! It was a nice suprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it, Krystal.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete