Wednesday, May 06, 2009

w.o.k. wednesday: nanci

The finest hour I have seen is the one that comes between the edge of night and the break of day - it's when the darkness rolls away.
-Kate Wolf

Really, what more is there to say?

Actually, there's probably lots. I've loved Nanci for years, and when she came to Flagstaff with Jerry Jeff Walker when my daughter was a newborn, it was a delight. I just recently listened to her Other Voices, Other Rooms CD after a long hiatus, and I was reminded of how much I love Across the Great Divide. But This one (click on "Play this track") is, hands down, my favorite to holler along to when travelin' down the Interstate.

But, shoot: I totally forgot about Ford Econoline...he built a golden cage around his silver-coated wife. Gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment