Tuesday, June 10, 2008

...but wait!

Maiden53 herself - being the honorable soul she is - has gracefully reminded me that she is, in fact, ineligible to win the bar of Lily of the Valley soap, since she did not, in fact, address the question of whether blogging is or is not like walking around without any pants.

So, I returned to my highly scientific calculation method, which this time involved asking a visiting neighbor kid to pick a number between one and four.

"Two," spake the child.

Which means Marla wins! Congrats!

This is somewhat of a coincidence, since this self-same gal recently tagged me via the following email. I've decided to reply here:

TAG - YOU'RE IT! If you opened it, you have to do it (it only takes a couple minutes I swear!) Then, send it to the rest of your friends!

Two names you go by: 1. "MOM!!!!" 2. Nix

Two things that you are wearing right now: 1. Fruit of the Looms (not going into any more detail) 2. rapidly eroding nail polish. And, yes, I'm wearing more than that. Get yer heads out of the gutter.

Two things you want very badly right now: 1. a break from work 2. to finally hear that my novel has found a publishing home

Two people who will most likely send this back 1. No 2. Clue

Two things you did last night: 1. Led a Clover Kids meeting 2. Picked up son from the folks who drove him to his baseball game one town over

Two things you ate today: 1. Monterey sourdough from Sam's Club (and it rivals some of the best Bay Area sourdough, imo) 2. Smarties

Two people you last talked to: 1. April 2. Lizzie (hey, she's like a small, four-legged person with fur, right?)

Two things you did today: 1. caught up 2. drank coffee (not necessarily in that order)

Two longest Car rides: 1. Flagstaff to Marin 2. Marin to Flagstaff

Two favorite beverages (hot weather): 1. ice water 2. Diet Pepsi (heavily iced)

So, there you have it, folks. Anyone who has read this far, consider yourself tagged.

5 comments:

  1. How can you take a meme and make it so funny in a dry wit kind of way?

    I think I'm gonna make up my own meme some day. If they haven't all been made up already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:23 PM

    Congrats, Marla! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ken, Maiden53 reminded me that I had told y'all to leave a comment discussing the whole pants/no pants issue if you wanted to win the bar of soap. Kapiche?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:12 PM

    Yay! I won! And what an honorable maiden too :)

    I'm an aromatherapy addict, so when I manage to acquire a bar of Nicole's exquisitely scented soap (which is also aesthetically delicious), I first keep it on my dresser so I can pick it up at various points in the day, take a long whiff, and be invigorated.

    I suppose I can wait for my prize until the soapmaker herself graces me with her presence next month :)

    ReplyDelete