Wednesday, June 11, 2008

how I shall make my literary mark

I was out walking Lizzie the Cow Pup at the plumber's crack of dawn this morning when I started thinking about the whole Elizabeth Gilbert sensation.





I haven't actually read this book, but you don't have to read it to know the gal has made bajillions (with Oprah's help, of course).


And then it hit me - and I suddenly knew from whence my long-awaited literary fame would flourish.

So, here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to write the biography of a highly fascinating individual who has made an impression on scads of people. You might say she's "made her mark" in a big way and in many places. I already have a title picked, out, too. It's short, sweet and manages to convey every key point of this highly fascinating individual's life:


6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:43 AM

    your title sounds like a song... maybe three blind mice - pee poop chew - see how she runs..etc :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, let's not even get STARTed on the runs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that's the cover, right there! Just slap your name at the bottom, under her foot, and it's ready to go!

    I'd buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!! That was great!!!

    What a cute dog!! Is that a Border Collie? We have recently adopted a Border Collie Australian Shepard mix and he is the most awesome dog... very weird personality, but let's just say he fits in well with us :-).

    Congrats on your daughter winning too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the looks of him, I think you will be a fairly useful human once he gets you trained.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:03 AM

    Ken - too funny but also true!

    ReplyDelete