Thursday, January 26, 2012

Exercise to Synthesize

January has been such a mixed bag! Exciting things are happening in my life and in the lives of several people I know right now. At the same time, though, there have been some serious stressors this month. I'll share more in the near future, but suffice it to say I've been busy, busy, busy, practically tied to my desk chair at the computer day in/day out for hours on end, and I need to get away - even if it's only to the gym so I can synthesize all this information.

Last year I was walking some foster dogs through town with the gal who runs our local (and awesome - you should totally support it) dog rescue. We walked past a pickup truck and nearly jumped out of our collective skin when a couple dogs in the bed of the truck lunged and barked ferociously at us. The poor fosters were quaking, delicate anti-social souls they were, but my friend the Rescue Lady just marched straight ahead and told them, "Shake it off, girls. Just shake it off."

That's exactly what I feel the need to do right now - just "shake off" all the tension and excitement and settle into life in a new and different way. Maybe yoga, Zumba or Nia would do the trick. Time to check the gym's schedule.

What do you do to regain balance in your life when it all starts to be a bit much?

No comments:

Post a Comment