Friday, December 29, 2006

goodbye, california

I've packed everything that can be packed, stuffed both vehicles to bursting and said goodbye to most of the people to whom I needed to say goodbye. I know I'll be hearing from some people about this, however (*cough*Lorelei*cough*). It's been a wild ride, this year in the land of fruits, nuts and flakes (as one of my relatives who lives here refers to the Bay Area). Lots of good, lots of not-so-good, and big heaps of character building, which is always a laugh riot. After tomorrow's 12-hour drive I'll need to change the subtitle of my blog; I'll still be goatless, and hopefully I'll still be optimistic, but that last part will have to go. I covet all your good thoughts, traveling mercies and, most importantly, prayers for our journey and for what lies ahead. Now it's time for me to make like a tree.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:33 PM

    My feelings are terribly hurt, but I'm getting ready to forgive you...soon.

    - L.

    ReplyDelete