Friday, March 20, 2009

it's here, it's here, it's here, it's here....

It's finally HERE!!!!

Tonight marks the beginning of spring! The season of new life and rebirth! The moment when the day and the night are equal in length (if I'm understanding the definition of equinox, that is - feel free to flog me if I'm not).

I've been practicing my bokeh since Wednesday:




Clearly, I have more practicing to do (it would help if I could get my foreground subjects in focus for one). But, hey, I was working without a tripod. At least it's a start, and I think I have the basic idea down.

This morning a dear friend from my son's toddler/pre-school playgroup days came by with her kids, and we spent a few hours catching up, marvelling at what the passage of time does to the relative size of young'uns and walking the property to scope out the best place for me to start some raised beds. And tonight we will be celebrating the beginning of spring here at Casa AWAAR by reinstating our nightly, pre-bedtime porch time. So, if you're anywhere within a hundred mile radius of the San Francisco Peaks (with their rapidly melting snow blankie) come join us on the porch swing. It's like Grandma's feather bed John Denver sang about in that it holds more folks than it looks like it might.

Viva the Vernal Equinox!!

No comments:

Post a Comment