Saturday, March 14, 2009

word of the day: impetuosity

As in "SocioPoliticalEconomic impetuosity: I has it."

Tender hugs in advance to my many leftie friends. Y'all know who you are, and you know I love you. But I just couldn't resist posting this gentle, loving Miltie smackdown. It's an oldie but a goodie.

(Ducking the onslaught of flamethrower fire, wadded up Obama '08 bumper stickers and rotten vegetables in 3...2...1...)

The five-part Ayn Rand interview posted on YouTube is excellent as well. While I disagree with much of what Rand espouses, I somehow admire her almost shockingly staunch defense of her position - and Donohue did a great job. The whole thing also gets surprisingly touching at the end, if you dare to watch all the parts.

Oh! And 15,000 hits on AWAAR? How exciting is that? Of course, I sure as heck don't see anywhere near 15,000 COMMENTS on here. Anyway, it's widely acknowledged that I need to get out more, and 15K is nothing to blogs like dooce, PostSecret, etc. Still. I got a little thrill. Call me impetuously dorky.

4 comments:

  1. I call baloney. Impetuous maybe, dorky never. Why apologize for being honest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the 15,000 hits! whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:29 AM

    Good point, though sometimes it's hard to arrive to definite conclusions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:48 PM

    Hello

    This post was interesting, how long did it take you to write?

    ReplyDelete